Saturday, May 18, 2013

Two More

Since my last post, I have read the last two Psy-Changeling books that I had at the time, Play of Passion by Nalini Singh which featured Drew and Indigo.  Kiss of Snow was about Hawke and Sienna and boy, I didn't want to put it down. But I'll get to that in a second.

Okay, so first things first, Play of Passion was just that. Drew and Indigo's mating seemed to take forever, both of their wolves playing for dominance. Indigo being the highest ranking female wolf in the Snowdancer Pack made it a very difficult challenge, but in the end Drew's playful passion won her over. But I have to say I immensely enjoyed reading this story, it was funny when it needed to be and serious when it needed to be. A good read.

But, that being said, Kiss of Snow took all the cookies for me. It was exciting, it was frustrating and it was passionately crazy. Sienna, an 18 year old Psy who had defected from the Psy Net with her family after some of the events from the past occurred, fell right into the Snowdancer Pack and Hawke, the alpha. She was young, too young for Hawke to feel right with his feelings, and believing that he would never have a mate because the wolf he had been destined to mate had died long ago. But they had never actually mated, so he was wrong. Of course it took the stubborn alpha forever and a day to actually realize that. Sienna is also a ticking time bomb, being an X-Psy who were only ever destined to become a weapon of destruction. She doesn't want to face the truth, that an X will eventually become too powerful and that power will have to find an outlet, most of the time being blowing themselves and everything them around them up. She eventually faces the truth of herself.

Also, Walker and Lara's mating occurred in this story as well, and I have to say I was very happy to see that happen. Walker was so stony cold that I never thought he would open up for anybody, but he ended up doing just that with the healer of the Snowdancer Pack. Walker is also Sienna's family and it was nice to see both of them get their HEA!

Kiss of Snow was a pageturner, a book I didn't want to put down and I'm so glad I decided to read this series. But this was by far my favorite book of the series, even though I did enjoy them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment