Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Finally done!

I finally finished. It has been a hectic week and I have only been able to read about a chapter or two a night, but Bonds of Justice was a great read. Nalini Singh really came through for me at the end of this book, even making me feel the emotion behind the words written there. I fell in love with the characters as I did in every one of the books in Psy-Changeling books I've read so far.

Max and Sophia overcame so much in this inspiring story. Pulled together by forces unknown, these two became partners for one of the council of the Psy, Nikita Duncan, when someone started targeting and murdering people from her close, personal staff. They had to work together and it was very difficult for them to do, especially since Sophia herself is a member of the Psy race, who is supposed to be in the throes of silence. She is supposed to be cold, impersonal. But she meets Max and is instantly attracted to him in a way that she has never been attracted to anyone before. Now she finds herself in a bit of a pickle because since she is a Justice Psy-who can take memories from a person's mind and provide the information in legal courts-and all she wants is Max's strong hands on her body. The problem is if she has any physical contact with another person her walls will collapse and it will kill her.

With all the problems they already had to overcome, they find themselves in real trouble when a certain serial killer targets Sophia and escapes from prison in order to find her, kidnap her and kill her.

I have to say this story kept me engrossed in it's wonderful words from beginning to end and I didn't want to put it down(even though I had to because I had to go to work). Real life really sucks sometimes.

In the meantime, I started the next installment of the Psy-Changeling books. And I got my flower beds completely reconstructed. Of course, my husband did a lot of the work. He is very talented with landscaping and I wish he would pursue work along those lines. He does an amazing job. I planted my roses and can't wait to see if they take off. I just love roses! Thanks for reading and I hope to have more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment