Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review for Real Vampires Don't Sparkle by Amy Fecteau


Amy Fecteau did a great job bringing this book to life. It is exciting, adventurous and it's action packed. Throw in some romance and it was everything I love in a book. Unfortunately, when I signed up to review this book I chose it because of its title, thinking it was going to be a quirky read and lots of fun. I really had no idea this book was about gay vampires. Nevertheless, after the initial shock in finding this out, I rather enjoyed the read.

Matheus is funny. He is definitely a Debbie-downer in a lot of ways, but he is definitely funny. I kind of fell in love with him, as well as Quin, even though I kind of didn't like him very much at the beginning when he made Matheus into a vampire without his consent. That is definitely a no-no in my book. You don't just go around turning people because you feel like it. Not cool at all.

I thoroughly enjoyed the way Quin and Matheus interacted with each other. Their witty repertoire had me completely entertained and I kept turning the pages. It wasn't long into it that I realized Matheus had a whole lot of denial going on in his life, with a whole lot of things. Add in the mess with his father and how he grew up. Yikes. Poor Matheus didn't need all the crazy in his life. But crazy is what he got.

Getting turned into a vampire was, mostly, the last thing on Matheus' mind most of the time. After it happened he has only a short amount of time to adjust until he is thrown into a hunt, which was only the start of his initiation into the undead world he was thrust into. I enjoyed the way these characters were written. Amy Fecteau brought them to life for me, and it felt as if I had known them all for years.

I don't want to spoil too much about this book, but I would definitely recommend this to my friends. I enjoyed this author's writing style. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, which I didn't even see coming when I turned to the last page holding only a couple of sentences. To me, I didn't feel like it was an ending. I didn't even feel like it was a cliffhanger, which would have made me a little less frustrated than I was. But all in all, I give Real Vampires Don't Sparkle 3 stars because the ending didn't satisfy me enough to bump it up to 4, however I would recommend this book for people to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment