Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review for Zarconian Island by Aja Hannah


Aja Hannah really did a great job with Zarconian Island! When I read the synopsis I thought it seemed like a really interesting idea, and it was brilliantly executed. Attie was a wonderful main character.

This book started with Attie and some of her friends from her school winning a trip to Hawaii on a cruise ship. She was hesitant about going, but decided to go. She continued to get strange sensations while on the ship and even overheard two deckhands talking about how they were off course. This all led to the boat being attacked and sunk by some giant whales, whales she hadn't ever seen before except for on documentaries. Five of them made it off the boat and onto an island, an abandoned island with strange prehistoric type animals on it.

Attie and Doug became close and soon learned they were both Zarconian. Their relationship developed quickly, but I assumed that is how it worked when you were of another world. Michelle, another of their classmates, became their healer and Kate and Bryan helped out whenever they could. Another survivor, Jack, was soon found when they were being attacked by giant ostrich type birds. He joined their group and together they trekked through this strange island, changing camp sites often due to predator animals and finding food and such.

There was a lot going on in this book and I loved all the action thrown in with the romance. It really kept my interest throughout. I couldn't wait to finish this one. I don't want to give too much away, but I would definitely put this in my must read category.

I hope you all enjoy Zarconian Island as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment