Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review for Buried by Gerily Marin


Cadence McKenna lives in a town called Fane's Cove. In this town, all kinds of crazy ghostly happening occur, quite frequently, and everyone who lives there knows their town is haunted. I have the give credit to the author, I just loved this story from beginning to end. It was well written, minus a few typos here and there, but I'm talking more about the quality of the writing. It was descriptive, I loved the characters and felt like they could be my friends.

So Cadence starts out rather openly glaring at a boy in school who she thinks has something to hide. And she doesn't just do it once or twice, she goes on and on just glaring and scowling at him at every opportunity. That is, until her friend gives her a brilliant idea. She should just ask him out on a date, that way she can get to know him better and find out the answers to the questions she has about him. Well, why didn't she think of that herself.

And that is where it all starts, the story unfolds after Grey Addison and Cadence go on their first, fake, date. There were so many things that I liked about this book it would be too hard to list them all, but I will list a few. The plot was very interesting and developed to where there was always something exciting happening to keep my attention fully engrossed in this book. I even took it with me to work and read on my breaks, which is something I generally don't do because I only have fifteen minutes, or a half hour. That just doesn't seem like enough time and I am not someone who likes to put a book down if it is good. But I did, even though I didn't want to. The characters were developed and very believable. And I just loved the ending, which I really didn't see coming at all.

Bravo to Gerilyn Marin, who does a fantastic job delivering us a well thought out book full of surprises. A definite must-read, if I say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment