Friday, August 30, 2013

Review of The Archangel Jarahmael:In Rebellion by John J. Higgins

This book was a very cleverly written book. It had twists and turns and everything I wanted in a book. I knew from the first book that it was going to be about Luciferael and the Angels that followed him, but I didn't really think that he would take it as far as he did.

Luciferael actually grouped together his own army and tried to take over the heavens and become the new Almighty. Really? Did he really think it was going to be that easy? Obviously, he did. But boy was he proven wrong. They had him believing he was going to prevail against all the loyal angels, but soon he found out that there were a lot more of them then there were of his own followers and they were pushed back and defeated. It was great!

Jarahmael was a strong character in this war. He really had a lot of good ideas, even when he was undercover and ultimately it it wasn't for him and his cherub friend they wouldn't have stopped Luciferael and his followers. I really loved the end, how the angels fell. I thought that it was very creative and well written and put an interesting spin on a well-known tale. How Hell was created and how the Archangels fell to begin with. Absolutely genius and very, very interesting.

What I didn't like was how fast Lillith turned from her own Archangel into the arms of another, and one that was leading an attack on the Almighty. Not cool, Lillith. Not cool at all! So, you're world is turned upside down because the man you love supposedly died...that doesn't mean that is what happened! I was so frustrated with her character I wanted to slap her. Just because someone tells you something doesn't mean it's the truth. I learned that a long time ago! Unless you see something with your own eyes, don't believe it!

In the end, I would definitely recommend this book. If I can be frustrated by the fictional characters I am reading about, it's worth it to read! Plain and Simple! Bravo to John J. Higgins who kept me immersed in another of his wonderful books!

No comments:

Post a Comment